Restore Youthful Skin – Try Restylane
Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler that is made of biodegradable hyaluronic acid derived from a non-animal source. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring compound that provides fullness and volume to the skin. Restylane is a gel that is made from hyaluronic acid secreted by the Streptococcus bacteria. Since it is manufactured in a sterile lab environment, the risk of interspecies disease transmission or an allergic reaction, especially in patients who are sensitive to food items like chicken, beef, and eggs, is quite low. The patient does not need to undergo a skin or allergy test beforehand.
Are You the Ideal Candidate for This Treatment?
Restylane is perfect for the following scenarios:
• Correction of moderate to deep facial folds and wrinkles like thenasolabial folds
• Submucosal implantation for the purpose of lip augmentation in patients over 21 years of age
Restylane is not recommended for:
• Patients who suffer from severe allergies, especially to proteins produced by gram-positive bacteria
• Patients who have bleeding disorders
• Injection in spaces other than the dermis or the submucosa.
How Does It Work?
Restylane is a clear gel formulation and uses a dual mechanism to correct mild to severe folds and wrinkles. Once it is injected beneath the surface of the skin, it integrates to the underlying dermal tissue and binds to the water molecules to restore volume. It is gradually degraded by the body and disappears without leaving any residue. You will begin to see the results of the treatment immediately and they last for up to six months. It can even last longer in certain cases, depending on the injection site.
Preparing Yourself for the Treatment
• If you are on any non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, you should stop taking them at least a week before you go for the treatment.
• Avoid taking aspirin, as it can contribute to bruising. Alcohol, ginseng, green tea, garlic, fish oil, and Arnica (an herbal supplement) must also be avoided.
Recovery After Treatment
There might be some pronounced swelling that lasts for up to three days following the treatment. Ice packs can help with the swelling. You can resume exercise after a period of three days, during which time you should keep away from the sun. If you have to go out, make sure you use SPF 30 sunscreen to protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation. If you have any abnormal symptoms, like unmanageable pain, then you should contact the surgeon immediately. The treatment can reduce facial wrinkles effectively. Since it is temporary, you might need to go for a follow-up treatment after a period of six months.
Consult a Board-Certified Surgeon
Board certified plastic surgeons have extensive experience with all kinds of skin enhancement treatments. The more experience the doctor has administering Restylane injections, the better the results will be.
If you’d like to find out more about Restylane injections and what they can do for your skin, it’s best to contact our office. You’ll be able to set up a consultation with Dr. Patrick Felice, a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and numerous satisfied patients.