Chemical Peels Can Remove a Wide Variety of Skin Imperfections
Skin imperfections can occur due to several reasons. Aging, hereditary factors, pollution, sun exposure – no matter what the cause of the skin problems is, they can be addressed by choosing the right type of cosmetic procedure. For those who are looking for an effective method that is non-invasive, one of the easiest available options is the chemical peel.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Skin imperfections occur due to damage to the skin cells. The damage is often superficial and occurs on the outer skin layers. Removing the layers with the damaged cells removes the imperfections.
This is exactly what a chemical peel does. The treatment consists of using a combination of chemicals that work on helping the outer skin layer peel off. This removes the blemishes. New skin cells grow in their place, making the skin look naturally young and glowing.
What Are the Various Problems That a Chemical Peel Can Treat?
Almost all types of flaws on the skin of the neck, hands, and face can be corrected with chemical peels. Here are the major conditions that are addressed using this treatment:
• Injury scars
• Fine lines on the face, specifically on the corners of the mouth and eyes
• Acne and acne scars
• Sun damage and the resulting blemishes
Besides specifically addressing the abovementioned issues, chemical peels can also improve skin texture and leave your skin looking flawless.
Benefits of Choosing Chemical Peels
There are many cosmetic procedures available. Why is a chemical peel your best option?
• Chemical peels give the skin a natural-looking smoothness. This makes you look fresh and your skin look rejuvenated.
• Chemical peels are non-invasive, so even those who are skeptical about surgery often feel confident about getting a chemical peel. Also, there are no scars left behind and thus the results look very natural, leaving no sign of having opted for a cosmetic procedure.
• Certain skin blemishes that are minor and thus difficult to treat with other methods can also be cured with chemical peels
• Besides eradicating the skin issues, the resulting skin is healthy. When the body regenerates new skin cells to make up for the removed layer, these new cells make the skin look young and bright. There will be no dead cells making the skin look lifeless or dull.
• There are different types of chemical peels available. Depending on the actual problem at hand, the intensity of the issues, and the patient’s skin type, the skin care specialist will be able to recommend the best peel type that can help address your issues.
• Based on the strength of the peel and the way your skin responds to the peel, a few repetitions might be suggested. Getting subsequent peels can make this treatment even more effective and can also make the results last longer. The skin subsequently tightens and looks and feels supple and young.
Use of certain beauty products, direct sun exposure, and a few other things might be recommended to be avoided for few days. It’s important to prepare for your peel by following all the instructions offered before the treatment. It’s also vital that you take good care of your skin after the procedure, as this can make the method more effective.
Is a Chemical Peel Right for You?
The best way to find out if a chemical peel treatment is your best choice is by contacting our office for a consultation with Dr. Patrick Felice. Dr. Felice is a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience with aesthetic procedures.